Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Hindi ako halata." That three words are just bits of what you can read sa karamihan ng mga profiles ng mga downelink and planetromeo members. Hindi daw sila halata o kaya naman, naghahanap sila ng mga equally discreet or in-the-closet men like "them."

"Yung maangas lang at astig kasama!"

Napaisip ako bigla, is it naturally appealing to us "gays" to see or hear those words from people like us. From my own personal viewpoint, definitely, yes! And I know that the thought stems out from our vulnerability to give in to straight men. Itatanggi mo ba na hindi ka attracted sa isang totoong adan? Probably, some of you right now have already created thoughts to deny my argument. Because I suddenly remember my friend to whom I had a discussion with on what makes a man attractive to him. "Smart and intellectual," over and over he emphasized on how important it is to have the ability to carry out a sensible conversation. He firmly believes that what makes a guy sexy is his brain and not his butt. I totally agree. But when I asked him, "paano kung mas feminine pa sa'yo?"

"No!" with the emphasis on the exclamation point. By the speed of his response, I know that he didn't even consult his neurons.

Ayan, classic example, maybe we want our smart and intellectual boys to still be masculine at "hindi ako halata" at all. On a subconscious level, we want the latter characteristic to pair up with whatever attributes we want from a guy. And for me, it predominates. I don't know if it's good or bad.

Yun ang x-factor na hanap ko, yung pagiging "hindi halata." Personal preference, at madami tayong may gusto niyan. Isa sa mga paraan natin para ma-narrow down yung choices. Given na nagiging ganyan yung "trend," what is expected is for gay people to say na hindi sila halata, nang kahit saang naknampuchang anggulo mo tingnan, eh halata sila!

For example this guy I met a year ago, angas magsalita sa chat, blah blah, mukhang okay din sa mga sinesend na pictures, so ayos, meet na agad, booty call eh, yung hormones lakas ng daloy sa buong katawan, kahit madaling araw na sugod pa din!

Alam mo na kung ano ang susunod na kwento. Buti na lang mabait ako sa kapwa ko at hindi ko sinabing "sure ka ikaw yung nakikipagusap sakin sa chat, PARE?"

So that's the bad side of it. I was desperate and he was too. I was immensely driven by the rush of hormones in my body kasi i thought for a moment that he possess the x-factor! And on his part, I guess it was a lack of self-awareness. At alam kong madaming ganyan ngayon. Sa mga profiles nakalagay hindi daw sila halata, but then kapag nagkita kayo, kulang na lang mag-heels siya para complete outfit na. Piece of gay advice: Be yourself! Kung you're gearing towards the effeminate side, then be it! Huwag mong i-supress yung sarili mo sa mga bagay na makakapag define sayo. Hindi lang sa mas naging honest ka sa sarili mo, naging honest din sa iba.

All of us are trying to find someone else to be with, and for any reason that we're searching, we do not want ourselves to end up being half way real.

No comments:

Post a Comment